In our last post, we talked about two essential maintenance tasks that need to be completed to prepare your heat pump for the winter months. Our HVAC contractor in Yorktown, VA also performs two additional tasks to make sure that your heat pump will work efficiently through the coldest time of the year – ensuring optimum comfort for you and your family.
The thermostat is the main control for your heat pump, and an essential part of the maintenance process. Make sure all the wiring connections are tight and that the thermostat is level. Even if your heat pump is working properly, a failed thermostat could cause big problems.
There are also a few additional tasks that your HVAC contractor will perform during winter preparation maintenance, including:
- Ensuring that the system is turned on at the thermostat and the gauges on the condensing unit are hooked up.
- Troubleshooting issues with the refrigeration system, and ensure that the refrigerant is not low.
- Checking the charge in the system
- Initiating the defrost cycle
- Checking that the supplemental heat is working properly
Preventative maintenance can give you peace of mind and save you money on costly repairs in the future. The last thing you want is for you heat pump to break in the middle of wintertime, so contact Comfortable Climate Heating & Air Conditioning today to schedule a free estimate for your winter heat pump maintenance.